Yields : 4-6 cups
Prep Time : 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time : 55 minutes
Vegan, Gluten Free, Corn Free, Soy Free
2 spaghetti squash
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T olive oil
1/2 cup black olives
2 – 3 basil leaves, cut into strips
1/4 cup arsley, finely chopped
To taste salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Line a large-rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Carefully halve spaghetti squash lengthwise.
4. Use a large spoon to scrape out the seeds and most of the stringy parts
5. Brush the interior with oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Place the cut-side up on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, or until a knife easily pierces the skin and flesh. Remove from the oven and set aside.
6. While squash is baking, heat oil in a large frying pan with oil.
7. Place the cherry tomatoes, onions and garlic in a pan and saute for 5 – 6 minutes. Water will be released from tomatoes (will add more sauce to the dish).
8. Place basil into the pan, stir well and turn off heat. Allow the sauce to sit while waiting for the squash to finish. You can make the sauce ahead of time and place it in the fridge, covered, overnight.
9. When ready, take a fork to the squash and begin to pull strands of squash (looks just like spaghetti) and place in the pan with sauce.
10. Turn on the burner for the pan and stir to heat and coat spaghetti.
11. Add olives and parsley.
12. Enjoy the hot!