by Vanessa Sarraino R.H.N. November 2022
Extreme Energy Granola
Makes about 7 cups *****soak dried fruit
Please Note all add-ins are optional. Feel free to pick and choose what you like.
3 cups old-fashioned gluten free rolled oats (LARGE FLAKES)
1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
1/2 cup pepitas
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
3 tbs cacao nibs
3 tbs chia seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tsp macca root
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup of gogi berries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F with a rack in the lower-middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, pecans, pepitas, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, macca root, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the oil, honey, and vanilla. Pour the oil-honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir gently until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Transfer the granola to the lined baking sheet. Spread it out so it covers the baking sheet evenly. Bake until the granola is deeply golden and smells delicious, 45 to 50 minutes. Stir the granola every 15 minutes — do not stir more frequently; the granola will still be loose and “wet”-looking even toward the end of baking. When you think the granola is almost done, stir in the dried fruit and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Once you remove the granola from the oven, do not stir it again; it will crisp and solidify into clusters as it cools.
- Once the granola has cooled completely, break it into clusters. Lift the edges of the Silpat or parchment to help dislodge large pieces of granola and use your fingers to break it apart.
- Enjoy on its own, with kefir or fruit
Easy, Nutritious, Delicious Recipes
For more healthy holistic recipes and information see Celiac Sweeties – Holistic Information and Recipes for Individuals with Celiac Disease and other Autoimmune Deficiencies.
Please feel free to contact me directly or visit www.chapters.indigo/en-ca.