Yields : 1 loaf
Prep Time : 25 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 hour
V GF CF SF SGRF NGMO
3/4 cup Almond flour
1/4 cup Arrowroot flour
1/2 cup Coconut flour
1 tsp Baking powder, gluten free
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Allspice, ground
1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
1/2 tsp Sea salt, fine
1/2 tsp guar guar gum
2 Flax eggs (2 tbsp of flax mix with 6 tbsp of water, allow to sit if fridge for 15 minutes)
2 tbsp Molasses
1/2 cup Orange juice or pineapple juice
1/4 cup Coconut oil
Feel free to use all or only what you like
1 cup Cherries, Black Berries and Blueberries (I purchased a frozen bag and dehydrated them myself in the dehydrator) dried
1/2 cup Cranberries, dried
1/2 cup raisins, soaked in pineapple juice (** or adult version Tripple Sec)
1/2 cup Dates, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup Unsulfured dried figs
1/2 cup Almonds (optional)
1/2 cup Pecan pieces (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F.
2. Line a 5″ X 9″ loaf pan with parchment paper or coat liberally with coconut oil.
3. Flax egg . Mix 2 tbsp of flax with 6 tbsp of water, allow to sit if fridge for 15 minutes
4. Melt the coconut oil cool a little.
5. Sift dry ingredients together.
6. Stir in fruits and nuts.
7. Mix flax egg and orange juice, molasses, and coconut oil. Stir into fruit mixture.
8. Turn batter into a prepared pan and bake for 1 hour until a fork inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
9. Remove loaf from pan and parchment paper. Overwrap with foil or store in a plastic bag. Store in the refrigerator 2-3 days before serving.